If you don’t get a confirmation email, check your SPAM folder.
APPLE VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
MARCH 24, 2017
- Spring Break is March 27-31st. No School.
- Attention SENIORS
Visit the new AVHS Website and click on
GRADUATION & SENIOR INFORMATION now!
These are the seniors who have ordered their caps and gowns as of 3/17/17:
If you are not on this list, order your cap and gown here:
ARTS, ACTIVITIES AND CLUBS
- AVHS Band 2017 Gerten's Flower Sale
- Apple Valley Interact is joining the fight against hunger! They will be holding a contest between teachers and staff members to get a pie in the face. Donate your non-perishable food items and cans to the teacher you want to see most get the pie in their face. Cash donations are also able to be made in the Main Office.
- The Counseling office is looking for student ambassadors who are interested in showing new students around our building. If you are interested, please stop by the Counseling Office and add your name to our list. We would really appreciate your help!
- You can now order your yearbook. Visit the Jostens web site to order your 2016-2017 yearbook. Click HERE to order now.
- The Apple Valley Eagle Boys Basketball Team defeated Maple Grove last night so we will be playing Champlain Park for the championship at 8:00 pm on Saturday, March 25th. Tickets will be sold at Apple Valley High School on Friday, March 24th until 2:30 pm. The cost is $9.00 for student and $14.00 for adult. Fan bus is available for $5.00. Please sign up on School View/FeePay for the fan bus. This will close at 3:00 pm.
- SPRING SPORTS REGISTRATION BEGINS FEBRUARY 13, 2017
FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE: In order to participate on Day #1, you must be registered.
Boys Lacrosse begins April 3
Girls Lacrosse begins April 3
Boys Tennis begins March 27
Remember your sports physical needs to be “valid” through the state tournament of the sport for which you are registering or the SchoolView FeePay system won’t let you progress to complete registration. (The MN High School League considers sports physicals “valid” for three years from the date seen.)
- American Legion Auxiliary Minnesota Girls State 2017 is now open for the summer session, which runs June 11th to June 17th, 2017.
ALA Minnesota Girls State is a program in government and good citizenship for young women sponsored by the Minnesota American Legion Auxiliary.
For any students interested in Minnesota Girls State, please pick up an application in the Guidance Office. All applications are due no later than April 15th 2017.
- Attention juniors and seniors: Applications are now available in the Counseling Office for the Dakota Electric Youth Tour. By applying you may win a 6 day all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C this summer. Pick up your application today.
NEWS FROM THE CAREER CENTER
UPCOMING COLLEGE VISITS TO THE CAREER CENTER:
There are many scholarships available. Please see them posted on Noviance or in the Career Center.
Valley Athletic Assoc. Due: March 30, 2017
Minnesota School of Cosmetology
Directors Scholarship Due: March 31, 2017
Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship Due: June 1, 2017
Aspiring Business Professional Scholarship Due: June 1, 2017
Aspiring Fashion Professional Scholarship Due: June 1, 2017
ATTN: JUNIOR GIRLS
There is one college scholarship available for you!
Minnesota Association of Townships Due: May 1, 2017
Looking for a part-time job? Look no further than the “Job Posting” window in the College and Career Center (Room 133).
The Class of 2017 all-night party takes place on June 3rd after Graduation at Brunswick Zone in Lakeville and at AVHS, and includes food, games, prizes, and lots of great entertainment like casino games, sumo wrestling, and more! The entire event is parent volunteer run, and cannot happen without you! A HUGH TANK YOU goes out to those who have already signed up to help. Here’s how you can help:
1. BUY YOUR SENIOR’S TICKET: Hurry! The ticket price goes up the longer you wait! There is a reduced cost option for families who are a part of the reduced or free lunch program. Check out the website where there is a PayPal link, as well as a link to the registration form if you would prefer to pay by cash or check.
2. SIGN UP TO HELP AT THE PARTY: There is something for everyone! Help behind the scenes, or by chaperoning the event!
Party sign up: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0F49A4A729A3F58-avhs1
3. DONATIONS, DONATIONS, DONATIONS:
We need donations of all kinds: cash, prizes, and BOXERS! The Class of 2012 started the fun tradition of “Bowling for Boxers”, where the kids can win a pair of boxers as a prize for getting a strike! We need donations of new boxers in all shapes, sizes and colors! Please contact us if you have donations of any kind, or there is a collection bin for boxers in the AVHS Office as well!
4. Please contact Mary Berg firstname.lastname@example.org or Joanna Perkins email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to volunteer! And follow us on Twitter @AVHSSeniorParty. Also, please let us know if any parents work for Flint Hills Resources (they offer a donation to senior parties for their employees' kids). The remaining meetings are:
(all Sundays at 6pm at Brunswick Zone) 4/23, 5/21. We hope to see you there! All are welcome!
- District 196 has substitute teaching opportunities available for interested persons with a valid Minnesota teaching license or a bachelor's degree and are willing to obtain a short call limited teaching license. Substitute teachers earn $120 for full-day assignments and $70 for half-day assignments (up to four hours and 15 minutes). All short call substitute candidates must complete a 20-hour orientation (April 17-21, 2017) before they can begin substitute teaching; individuals with a standard teaching license must attend a 2.5-hour orientation session. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- AVHS COLLECTS~
(as of September 2016)
STUDENTS HELPING STUDENTS
AVHS collects the following items to provide more opportunities for all students.
Just place the items in the bins in the main office (across from the mailboxes).
Box Tops for Education – found on General Mills products
Labels for Education - found on many products including Campbell’s soup, Post, Bic, etc. this program is being discontinued, but we can still collect until the end of the school year.
Milk Moola Milk caps - found on Kwik Trip milk cartons
Printer Cartridges (No longer collecting!!!!!)
Pop Tops from the can – for the Ronald McDonald house
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!
LOST AND FOUND
Main Office: Keys, Jewelry, Watches, Purses, Wallets, Glasses, Cell Phones, Calculators, Etc.
Attendance Office: Coats, Hats, Shoes, Bags, Etc.