If you don’t get a confirmation email, check your SPAM folder.
APPLE VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
FEBRUARY 23, 2018
Thanks to the seniors who have ordered caps and gowns for graduation! We have about 250 orders so far.
That means we have approximately 200 more seniors who need to order their cap and gown.
To order click this link: http://www.gradsmn.org/apple-valley. There is no charge for the cap, gown and tassel.
NOTE: Jostens no longer distributes graduation packets. If you are interested in ordering any graduation extras, go to Jostens.com.
Watch for more graduation information in the senior letter coming out in February.
Questions? Contact Susi Yermishkin in the main office at 952-431-8201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to submit a transcript to ANY college, everything is requested on-line through PARCHMENT or the direct link for AVHS is at https://www.parchment.com
- There will no school for students on:
Friday, March 9th
ARTS, ACTIVITIES AND CLUBS
- AVHS Spring Trimester Parking Permits can be purchased for $60.00 on Parent/VUE/FeePay website beginning March 4th.The new trimester starts March 12th.
Once parents/guardians complete the purchasing process on-line, your student can then pick up the Spring parking pass the next school day in the AVHS Main Office.
A link to ParentVUE/FeePpay can be found on the AVHS websitewww.district196.org/avhs on the left side under “Resources”.Reminder:Students need to pay all outstanding fines/fees before they will be allowed to pick up their parking tag for Spring trimester.
If you drive occasionally, you can park in the lot for $3.00 a day.Register your car and pay in the Main Office before school starts.
- TREE TRUST SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM is taking applications.Work an average of 20 hours a week while earning minimum wage this summer.Get more information and see if you qualify.Go to TreeTrust.org
The on-line application deadline is:MARCH 15TH.
- Senior Class party update! Tickets for the senior class party are still $80.00. The price has been extended until March 31st.
Register now…price will increase to $100.00 on April 1st. Don’t miss out on the savings. For those students who are part of the free/reduced lunch program, the registration fee is $50.00.
“All Night Party” for all graduates.This is an “everything included night of fun.” There will be entertainment, bowling, laser tag, arcade games, casino, magic show, photo booth, prizes, food and much, much more!
See the senior class party website at www.avseniorparty.weebly.com to print registration form or register online.
Donations: we also need new boxer shorts. All sizes needed. You can send boxers with your student and drop them in the “boxer box” at school.
- In a world of scripted plot twists and predictable unpredictabilities, sports offers one of the last true forms of human endeavor and entertainment where outcomes are truly unknown until the end. Sports encourage us to push ourselves to the limit: whether it's the "higher, faster, stronger" of the Olympic ideal, or the emotional highs and lows that come with the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat as both an athlete or a fan. In any case, sports tell a story quite unlike any other.
We invite you to come join over 100 of AVHS's finest dancers, instrumentalists, theatre technicians, and vocalists as we take a creative and artistic lens to examine the wide world of sports and what it can tell us about ourselves; who we are, where we fit in the standings, what happens when the ball doesn't bounce our way, and what can happen when we push ourselves and our teammates to the limit in the quest for success. With music by Michael Jackson, Queen, Pat Benatar, as well as tunes from shows such as A Chorus Line, Damn Yankees, and High School Musical, you'll be sure to leave Broadway 2018 feeling like a champion!
Performances at the Apple Valley High School Theatre
February 23 at 8:00 pm (Please note time change for this one performance)
February 24, March 2 and March 3 at 7:00 pm
February 25 and March 4 at 2:00 pm
Adults $9, Sr. Citizens $7 and Students $5
To purchase tickets on line go to the link on the Apple Valley homepage.
The AVHS Box Office will be open for cash ticket sales one hour prior to each performance.
- Need to earn service hours for your club or activity? Sign-up sheets to usher for Broadway 2018-Wide World of Sports are now posted on the bulletin board outside the box office.The show runs from February 23rd-March 4th on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Men need to wear white shirts and dark slacks and women need to wear white shirts and dark slacks or skirts.Students who sign up MUST arrive 45 minutes prior to the show start-time and stay through intermission to receive service hours.
- The 2018 School District196 Figure Skating Team presents:Diva’s and Legend’s featuring the District196 Icettes with Apple Valley Learn to Skate on March 8, 9, & 10th at 7:00 pm at the Apple Valley Sports Arena.Adults are $7.00 and Students/Seniors are $5.00.
- The next Boy’s Tennis Captain’s Practice is Sunday, February 25 from 6:00 – 7:00 at Lakeville Lifetime.
- Sign up for Boy’s Tennis! There will be a player and parent meeting for all boy’s tennis players on Monday, February 26 from 6:00 – 7:00 in room 124. This is an important meeting to talk about the upcoming season and order uniforms.
- Hey guys, looking to learn a life skill and enjoy the warm spring weather? Registration is now open for boy’s golf, get signed up today!
- Boys Basketball:This Week
Friday, February 23rd - @ Lakeville South, 7pm
- SPRING SPORTS REGISTRATION:
Register online by logging into ParentVUE and then clicking FeePay.
In order to participate on Day 1, you must be registered.
FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE-Spring:
Baseball, Boys and Girls Golf- March 19
Boys and Girls Lacrosse- April 2
Boys Tennis- March 26
Girls Fast-Pitch Softball, Boys and Girls Track & Field- March 12
NEWS FROM THE CAREER CENTER
UPCOMING COLLEGE VISITS TO THE CAREER CENTER:
- Attention seniors:the Common Scholarship application is now available online and in the counseling office.We also had an additional scholarship come in yesterday, February 5th so if you already down loaded or picked up an application-make sure to get an updated one.Applications are due on March 1st.
- Senior Party:
Party Information, how to Purchase Tickets, Information on Senior Posters, Committee Members and Planning Meeting Dates can all be found at:
Next Planning meeting is on Monday, March 19th at 7pm in cafeteria.Everyone is welcome!
- Substitute and part-time employment for those who enjoy working with kids:
District 196 has open positions for quality individuals who enjoy working with children. For more information and to apply online, go to www.District196.org and click on the red circle in the top right for Quick Links, then select “Employment” or contact email@example.com.
Substitute teacher pay rates recently increased from $120 to $135 for a full day and $78 for a half day. To be a substitute teacher in District 196, applicants must have a current Minnesota teacher’s license or have a four-year degree, obtain a short call substitute license from the state and attend the District’s week-long training workshop.
The substitute clerical pay rate is $12.75 per hour and substitute paraprofessional pay rate is $14 per hour. Applicants must be available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. most weeks; be willing to work as a special education paraprofessional at multiple schools; pass a pre-employment physical and background check; complete online Personal Care Assistant training and attend a clerical orientation session.
- AVHS COLLECTS the following items to provide more opportunities for all students.
Just place the items in the bins in the main office (across from the mailboxes).
Box Tops for Education – found on General Mills products
Milk Moola Milk caps - found on Kwik Trip milk cartons
Printer Cartridges(No longer collecting!!!!!)
Pop Tops from the can – for the Ronald McDonald house
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!
LOST AND FOUND
Main Office: Keys, Jewelry, Watches, Purses, Wallets, Glasses, Cell Phones, Calculators, Etc.
Attendance Office: Coats, Hats, Shoes, Bags, Etc.