If you don’t get a confirmation email, check your SPAM folder.
APPLE VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
JUNE 8, 2017
- We will be on Schedule F on Thursday, June 8th (periods 2-4-5-6) for finals.
Thursday, June 8th
Period 2 — 7:30-9:15
Period 4 — 9:20-11:05
Period 5 — 1st lunch 11:05-11:40 & class from 11:45-12:30, 3rd lunch goes class from 11:10-11:55 & lunch from 11:55-12:30
Period 6 — 12:35-2:20
- Attention students who have taken art throughout this year-if Mrs. Porter has kept your work please come pick it up (drawings, paintings, clay works, tiles etc.) If they are not picked up they will be recycled.
ARTS, ACTIVITIES AND CLUBS
- Metro Transit is offering every AVHS student the opportunity to purchase a discounted student pass for the summer. The cost of the pass is $25 and it covers unlimited bus and train rides from June 1st-September 5th. Students simply need to use their student ID number when purchasing the pass to verify their enrollment at AVHS. For more information, see the attached flyer (available in multiple languages, including Hmong, Spanish, Somali, and Karen – if needed).
- If you ordered a Yearbook you can pick it up in the Main Office. You can also buy yearbooks for $90.00 (Main Office).
- All students are reminded to stop in the locker rooms before Thursday and check that you have removed locks and cleaned out ALL of your belongings. Anything remaining after Thursday will be cleaned out and donated or discarded.
- Any boys interested in playing soccer next fall should stop by room 126 to see Mr. Scanlon and pick up a summer soccer informational flyer before school is out for the year.
- Any girls interested in playing soccer next fall should stop by Mr. Randa’s office next to room 214 and pick up the summer letter and August calendar. See Mr. Randa if you have any questions.
NEWS FROM THE CAREER CENTER
UPCOMING COLLEGE VISITS TO THE CAREER CENTER:
- Reminder for parents from the Nurse:
If your student has prescription medications in the Nurse’s office, please contact the Nurse to arrange for these items to be picked up. School policy does not allow us to send prescription medications home with the student with the exception of diabetic supplies, inhalers and Epi-pens which can be brought home by the student. The nurse will not be available after the last day of school June 8, 2017 and there is not an option for over the summer medication storage with the exception of medications needed during ESY. Any medications or supplies left in the Nurse’s office after the last day of school will be disposed of appropriately in accordance with state law.
For next year, all students grades 7-10 need one Meningitis immunization. Please make sure all immunizations are up to date. Please provide any updated immunization documentation to the nurse for your child’s record.
New physician medication orders and Diabetic/Asthma/Allergy/Seizure plans will also be needed for the fall. If your student has a medical appointment later this summer, it would be a good time to get those completed. Medication forms and information can be found on the district website. New orders/plans can be mailed or faxed to the school labeled “Attention building Nurse”. Please call the Nurses with questions. Nurses: Cayton/Randall 952-431-8220 (office); 952-431-8747 (fax).
- Many thanks to the parents and students of the Class of 2017, as well as Mr. Bolsoni and the AVHS Office Staff, for making the Class of 2017 Senior Party such a success! The event photos may be found at Flickr by using the following: Login: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: avhsgraduates (this site was created by Tom Niederkorn, so you will see his name there). Keep checking back, as more photos will be uploaded over the next few days! For Class of 2018 parents interested in co-chairing or chairing a committee for next year's party, we will be having a hand-off meeting on Sunday, June 25th at 6pm at Joanna Perkins' home. If you are interested in attending, please email Joanna at email@example.com. POTPOURRI
- AVHS COLLECTS~
(as of September 2016)
STUDENTS HELPING STUDENTS
AVHS collects the following items to provide more opportunities for all students.
Just place the items in the bins in the main office (across from the mailboxes).
Box Tops for Education – found on General Mills products
Labels for Education - found on many products including Campbell’s soup, Post, Bic, etc. this program is being discontinued, but we can still collect until the end of the school year.
Milk Moola Milk caps - found on Kwik Trip milk cartons
Printer Cartridges (No longer collecting!!!!!)
Pop Tops from the can – for the Ronald McDonald house
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!
LOST AND FOUND
Main Office: Keys, Jewelry, Watches, Purses, Wallets, Glasses, Cell Phones, Calculators, Etc.
Attendance Office: Coats, Hats, Shoes, Bags, Etc.