If you don’t get a confirmation email, check your SPAM folder.
APPLE VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
MAY 23, 2017
- Yearbooks will be distributed in Gym D on May 26th over the students lunch hour. There will be additional yearbooks on sell for $90.00.
- Attention SENIORS:
-Cap and gowns can be picked up in the Main Office from 7:00 am-3:00 pm. All fines must be paid.
-Visit the new AVHS Website and click on
GRADUATION & SENIOR INFORMATION now!
ARTS, ACTIVITIES AND CLUBS
- Mountain Bike Team: There will be an information meeting for the ISD 196 Mountain Bike Team on June, 1 at 6:00 pm in Lecture Hall C, at Eagan High School. Looking for a great summer/fall activity? Both boys and girls in grades 7-12 (SY 17-18) are encouraged to join. There are no tryouts, everyone rides and all skill levels are accommodated! Riders compete in five fall races in Austin, Rochester, St. Cloud, River Falls (WI) and Mankato. Join us on June 1 for a brief presentation, meet the coaches and learn more about the season. Also see the team website: 196mtb.shutterfly.com
- Show your team spirit by joining us for a fundraiser to support Apple Valley Volleyball. Come in to the Chipotle at 7638 W. 150th Street in Apple Valley on Monday, June 5th between 4:00pm and 8:00pm. Bring in the flyer, show it on your smartphone or tell the cashier you’re supporting the cause to make sure that 50% of the proceeds will be donated to Apple Valley Volleyball.
- AVHS PAPER- for posters, scrapbooking, team events and other creative ideas!
It’s created especially for Apple Valley High School! Go to this website (or copy goo.gl/HA5Dqk into your web browser) for samples and an order form.
Many other graduation cards, Eagle and sport cutouts are available through the Valley Ventures Work Experience class. Please contact the teacher: Jill Thelen with questions &/or orders. Jill.email@example.com 952-431-8222
- AVHS WOMEN'S TENNIS MEETING!
Any 9th-11th grade girls interested in playing tennis this Fall should attend a player informational meeting on Thursday, June 1st, in the AVHS Lecture Room (Room 124) at 7am or 2:30 pm. We will be talking about apparel, summer practices, team events, and other information. We hope you can join us! If you cannot attend, please email one of the captains for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
- Any boy in grades 9-11 interested in running cross country next fall should attend a short meeting on Thursday, May 25 at 2:30 in the cafeteria. No experience is needed. Running is a great life time activity and also a great way to get in shape. See Coach Greeno in the weight room area after school or Mr. Wasmund in the math area if you cannot be at the meeting.
- Any girls interested in playing soccer next fall should stop by Mr. Randa’s office next to room 214 and pick up the summer letter and August calendar. See Mr. Randa if you have any questions.
- Calling all girls who run! Come to our Apple Valley Cross Country informational meeting right after school in Room 124 on Thursday, May 25th to find out about joining our squad this fall! No running experience necessary -- everyone is welcome! Bring your friends!
- Apple Valley Dance Team Tryouts for 2017:
- Fall Sideline Cheerleading
Tryouts in AV Lobby on Friday, June 2 from 6-8 pm.
No experience necessary, open to grades 9-12
Season begins August 14th
NEWS FROM THE CAREER CENTER
UPCOMING COLLEGE VISITS TO THE CAREER CENTER:
Dakota County Farm Bureau Scholarship Due: May 31, 2017
Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship Due: June 1, 2017
Aspiring Business Professional Scholarship Due: June 1, 2017
Aspiring Fashion Professional Scholarship Due: June 1, 2017
Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished
Americans, Inc. Due: June 15, 2017
ATTN: JUNIOR GIRLS
Looking for a summer job? Look no further than the “Job Posting” window in the College and Career Center (Room 133)
- Attention Seniors/Parents! Don't forget to get your Senior Poster completed by June 1st! The posters will be hung alphabetically in the AVHS halls after school on Friday, June 2nd and will be on display throughout Graduation and the Senior Party. Posters will be taken down and given to the kids at the completion of the Senior Party at 6am on June 4th. If you have questions or need to arrange an alternative pickup time, please contact Amy Orzolek(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Attention Class of 2017 and 2018 Parents:
We need your help with the Senior Party, taking place following Graduation, Saturday, June 3rd-Sunday, June 4th!
Class of 2017 and 2018 Parents - VOLUNTEER AT THE PARTY: There is something for everyone! Help behind the scenes, or by chaperoning the event! We especially need some junior parents who can "learn the ropes" for next year! And anyone interested in co-chairing the Class of 2018 Senior Party, please contact us ASAP. There are some MAJOR decisions that need to be made for next year's party. We encourage anyone interested to attend our remaining meeting on Sunday, 5/21 at 6pm at Bowlero (fomerly Brunswick Zone) in Lakeville.
Party sign up: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0F49A4A729A3F58-avhs1
CLASS GIVES BACK! We will be collecting non-perishable food donations for Mission Outpost at the Graduation rehearsal on Friday, June 2nd. For every four items donated, your student will receive an extra raffle ticket!
- AVHS COLLECTS~
(as of September 2016)
STUDENTS HELPING STUDENTS
AVHS collects the following items to provide more opportunities for all students.
Just place the items in the bins in the main office (across from the mailboxes).
Box Tops for Education – found on General Mills products
Labels for Education - found on many products including Campbell’s soup, Post, Bic, etc. this program is being discontinued, but we can still collect until the end of the school year.
Milk Moola Milk caps - found on Kwik Trip milk cartons
Printer Cartridges (No longer collecting!!!!!)
Pop Tops from the can – for the Ronald McDonald house
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!
LOST AND FOUND
Main Office: Keys, Jewelry, Watches, Purses, Wallets, Glasses, Cell Phones, Calculators, Etc.
Attendance Office: Coats, Hats, Shoes, Bags, Etc.